Thursday 12 January 2012

I think I have forgotten how to read...



It has become clear to me that after more than three months not working as a lawyer (crappy temp job for part of that time) I have forgotten how to read, write and reason as a lawyer. Frankly after last night's performance, I am fairly certain that actually I have forgotten how to do all those things to the level of a low functioning normal person. 


Last night I decided to be all super clever and read up on the legalities of the SNP calling for a referendum on Independence. Big mistake. An hour and 4 pages into a consultation paper on the matter issued by the UK Government, I was stumped. That's right - worked hard at school, spent 5 years at university, too many years training and then a year and a half actually practicing as a lawyer and all that work gone with just three months out of the loop. To say I am upset by this particular turn of events is an understatement to the extreme. It would seem something else needs to be added to my list of Job Hunting resolutions - Learn to be clever again. 


Embarrassed, much?

No comments:

Post a Comment