Thursday 19 January 2012

A random thursday...



Pinned Image

After starting the week behaving in the manner of local crazy girl, things are getting better. I have chilled out A LOT and today has been quite the enjoyable day. A bit of a lie in watching some Gossip Girl with a bowl of coco pops kicked things off quite nicely. I love Gossip Girl. I know that, at 27, I probably shouldn't, but it is funny and silly and full of beautiful. What is there not to love? Agter that I got up, showered and dressed and headed into town. First stop was Boots and I picked up some super bargainous birthday presents in the 75% off sale! After that I headed to Primark to buy socks. Man, my life is far, far too cool. The town was soooo busy! Do these people not have jobs to go to?!

Today, I also finally finished moving my stuff out of my old house. It has taken weeks but finally, after picking up a mixing bowl, a pack of birthday cards and a photo frame, I am done! Thank god! Don't get me wrong, I am sad that things have gone the way they have but I hate moving, I just hate it! I have so much stuff - thousands of coats and books that had to be negotiated down and down some stairs, into Mr Corsa, back out again, up some more stairs and finally unpacked. To add insult to injury, this is the third house move in just 10 months and sadly this is my least nice house so far : (

Anyway, after the moving, I dropped by Tesco to buy some bits and pieces and then ran the rest of the way home. Yes, that is right, I ran. Thank you, crazy Scottish weather, for the snow-pouring rain-howling ind storm that exploded from the sky and left me a soggy shell of my former self by the time I got home. Now, I have lived in Scotland my entire life, including nearly EIGHT YEARS in Aberdeen but still the crazy-freak weather takes me by surprise. I mean, I will never forget the Thunder-snow-rain-storm that struck one morning in my secund year of University that even knocked the local radio off air for an hour. I was quite sure that this was a sign that the apocalypse was upon us.

Luckily, today, I didn't have too far to run and made it home alive. After some tasty Parma ham salad, it was cake baking time - some wheat free banana and chocolate chip muffins to be exact! Tasty to the max. That being said, there is flour EVERYWHERE in my kitchen. My god, I am a messy baker.

The rest of the afternoon has been spent applying for jobs and watching youtube videos. No new favourites today but lots of jobs applied for. I have definitely sot beyond my "Apply for 5 jobs" part of my post, New week, New list... Feeling rather productive.

And best of all? Not even close to losing my mind. Oh yes, my friends, I have clawed it back and I'm closer to pretty, chatty girl rather than unspooling, looney tune girl! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment